ALL SKIN CARE RANGES ARE EITHER WATER-BASED OR OIL BASED
DR SPILLER IS NEITHER…
DR. HORST SPILLER’S UNIQUE FORMULATION TECHNOLOGY
Combining the best of both approaches, Dr. Spiller has pioneered an iconic formulation to care for your skin in a way that other creams cannot. He has developed technology that allows him to produce super-light oil-based creams. His creams combine the best of both worlds: light, easy and comfortable to apply like a water-based cream, with all the advantages of longer-lasting hydration and superior delivery of active ingredients of an oil-based cream.
THE HY-TEC™ EMULSION SYSTEM
Your skin is an outstanding barrier, protecting you from foreign pathogens and other dangers. Cosmetic chemists are constantly striving to find better ways to deliver active ingredients into the skin. It is particularly hard with water-based ingredients since the skin is waterproof.
A high-tech solution has been the inclusion of liposomes in water-based creams. Liposomes are tiny spheres of oil which can mix with the skin’s sebum and so deliver the actives contained in them. Dr. Spiller’s creams are similar to liposomes – outside oil, inside water with actives.
HOW HY-TEC™ EMULSION SYSTEM TECHNOLOGY WORKS
• Each water droplet is surrounded by a thin lipid membrane.
• The oil-based membrane inhibits oxidation and provides a barrier to microbial contamination of the enclosed water and its actives.
• The lipid base biomimetically replicates the sebum (triglycerides, wax esters, squalene, cholesterol esters and cholesterol) and dissolved lamellar granules (free fatty acids and ceramides).
• Biomimetic vitamin E (as naturally secreted by the sebaceous gland) is added to protect the lipid membrane from oxidation.
• HY-TEC™ technology replicates the skin’s acid mantle very closely; active ingredients are absorbed 120% more effectively for long lasting correction and protection. It is a very efficient delivery system for actives.
HYDRATION OF THE SKIN – fundamental to healthy skin
- Dr. Spiller creams replenish and reinforce your skin’s natural protection against moisture loss. Skin hydration lasts all day long, as illustrated in this graphic.
- Many women complain that their skin gets dehydrated. If your skin starts to feel dry or tight by the middle of the day you most likely experience what is illustrated with the blue line in the graphic:
- The bottom line shows the minimum level of skin hydration. Scientific testing has shown that the water content of a water-based cream evaporates very quickly from the skin. Within a few hours the moisture content of the skin can be below the line of minimum hydration. Symptoms are dryness, tightness and, in bad cases, rough skin.